If you’re experiencing pain that radiates from the back or buttocks and down the legs, you may have sciatica. Dr. Bradley Mouroux at Spine and Injury Center San Jose can help you achieve relief from sciatica pain. Dr. Brad’s office is in West San Jose, CA, but he serves patients from all the surrounding areas including Cupertino, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Cambrian Park, and Willow Glen.
Why Choose Spine and Injury Center San Jose?
Our doctor is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, meaning that he offers the best in chiropractic treatment for people who have been injured on the sports field or just want to improve their performance on the court. Chiropractors work at the highest levels of sports with professional athletes who need to maintain their health, and our doctor can help you be at your best, too. However, sports aren’t the only thing that our doctor can help you with.
How does chiropractic treat sciatic symptoms?
After the diagnosis and assessment, a treatment plan based on the findings will be put together to address your specific needs. The type of treatment will depend on what’s causing sciatica and may include several different treatments such as:
- Laser Therapy Laser Therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light (red and near-infrared) to stimulate the body’s natural ability to heal. The effects of laser energy include improved healing time, pain reduction, increased circulation and decreased swelling.
- Spinal Decompression Works by gently stretching the spine to change force and position of the spine.
- Adjustments (spinal manipulation) One of the most common options used by Dr. Mouroux to realign the body to alleviate restricted movement of the spine.
- Active Rehabilitation Active Rehabilitat refers to an exercise program that specifically addresses injury.
- Ice/Cold Therapy Used to reduce any inflammation that is causing sciatic pain.
- TENS unit (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) Muscle stimulating machine used to reduce muscles spasms and control acute pain.
These treatment options are non-invasive and work to help the body heal itself while offering immediate relief from sciatica pain.